Introduction

When I was a little girl my grandmother came to live with us for a time. Having her and her belongings filled with family history in the house every day made for hours of tea party chats that I cherish still. One day she brought out what looked like a treasure box but was in fact an ornate old photo album. We talked about the faces that she knew and wondered about the fancy clothes or inner thoughts of those that neither of us knew; it was fun! She had other albums too of people who were totally unrelated to us but my family had saved over the years non-the-less. Browsing them was exactly like walking back into time.

A while later I purchased my first cabinet card at an estate sale because I was captured by the haunting facial expression of a child; I still have that card too, and I've always wondered about the boy it pictures. I hope that with the advances in technology I may discover who he was, and in turn perhaps help someone else find a long lost relative. Please browse the "Unknown" section here not only for entertainment but also with an open eye because you just might see some familiar features in those faces. Use the Comment feature to ask questions, suggest names or other information to add, or to request permission to use an image and I will reply ASAP. Please contact me if you can identify any of these people.

As an artist, I know that these images are a wonderful resource, but please understand that it takes a lot of time to produce this collection of digital images. I ask that you be respectful and don't right-click a picture of my relatives to use in your art or craft project. Higher quality image files (600 dpi or greater) of some photographs for use may be available upon request.

I hope you enjoy browsing this virtual cabinet of my collections!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Twin Beck Children

Cabinet card image featuring two Victorian German American children in attractive clothing of the era with antique accessories such as lace, shoes, and a book. Photograph of brother and sister Edward Beck and Marie Beck, ca. 1890 (?) from Cincinnati Ohio. The twins are sibling to Jacob Beck.

#GA016

More information may be added to this post over time. The low resolution watermarked image shown is for use in this blog and is numbered GA016. Individual close-up cropped images can be found below and by clicking I.D. numbers or names in the "Labels" section. If you are a relation and would like to have a high resolution file without the watermark text please contact me about #GA016.

*May not be altered or used for personal gain without permission. If you would like other vintage photographs to use for your own art or craft project please see the "Labels" section titled "Unknown", as images of non-family members may be available for use.


Young Edward Beck

Young Marie Beck


Victorian children, girl with a book, twins, antique lace collar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted once reviewed... thank you.